Discover is now open! Our visitor numbers are limited and pre-booking is essential.
We can’t wait to welcome families back into our centre – but like everything else in the world, things will be a little different when we reopen. We want to make sure Discover is safe for all our visitors, be they aliens, giants, wolves or even humans, so we are installing additional safety features throughout the building. Visitor numbers will be strictly limited to allow social distancing and visits will be in timed 2-hour sessions, so everyone can play and explore in our magical worlds.
What we’re doing
- Limiting visitor numbers and session times to give everyone lots of space to play and avoid any crowding.
- Creating timed sessions with cleaning in between.
- Removing some events and storytelling where distancing is not possible.
- Creating quick entry systems and additional buggy storage to avoid crowding at the entrance.
- Installing screens in busy customer service areas, like our front desk.
- Adding additional hand wash and sanitiser stations to help everyone keep their hands extra clean.
- Adding ‘wipe stations’ so visitors can clean items before and after playing, if they wish.
- Our cafe will reopen for coffee and snacks from 5th October – until then, chilled drinks are available at reception.
- Allowing last minute cancellations for anyone feeling unwell.
- Supporting NHS Test and Trace. If you do not want your data to be shared, if requested by NHS Track and Trace, please email email@example.com
What we’re asking our visitors to do
- Book tickets in advance – there will be no tickets available on the day. NB this includes Annual Pass holders. Tickets can be bought here at discover.org.uk or over the phone on 020 8536 5555.
- Adults please wear a mask during your visit (this is not required for 0-11 year olds).
- Wash and/ or sanitise you and your childrens’ hands at regular intervals
- Keep a safe distance from others not in your group.
- Let us know immediately if anyone in your group is unwell and do not visit Discover – we will offer a credit or refund.
If you want to be the first to know when tickets go on sale, we’d recommend signing up to our newsletter.
We continue to be contactable on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 8536 5555.
Many thanks for your support.