Find out about Coronavirus Safety
Disabled visitors are entitled to one concessionary ticket and one free companion/carer ticket. The concessionary ticket rate applies to Newham residents, over 65s, and JSA claimants. You may be asked to show evidence of this when booking or collecting your ticket.
Tickets are required for each child attending. This includes children under 1, though no charge will be made for tickets for under 1s unless otherwise specified.
Refunds and cancellations
We do not offer refunds. If you are unable to visit Discover and let us know in advance, we can credit your Discover account so you can book for another day (please note that unused credit will expire after 12 months).
Conditions of Entry
- Only tickets bought from the Discover bookings line or its official website will be valid for admission.
- All visitors to Discover must purchase an Entry ticket alongside any additional Events or Exhibitions.
- Our staff are here to enhance your experience and to ensure your safety at all times. Please follow any guidance they give in relation to your own and the comfort and safety of others.
- The management at Discover reserves the rights to refuse admission to any patron and request that any patron leave the centre.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The minimum required ratio of adults to children is 1:5.
- Adults may not visit Discover without a child.
- The Discover management reserves the right to change the advertised arrangements of any performance or activity in the event of illness or any cause beyond our control.
- Visitors are requested to keep their personal belongings with them at all times or use the lockers provided.
- Buggies and prams must be left in the designated areas.
- All property is left at the visitor’s risk.
- By purchasing a ticket you give your consent to being filmed, audio recorded or photographed by Discover or permitted third parties. If recording is taking place this will be clearly signposted. If you have any objection please make yourself known to a member of staff.
If you have any queries regarding the above or any other matter relating to ticket purchase please contact us on 020 8536 5555.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Voucher Terms and Conditions
(In addition to the general Terms and Conditions, above)
- Emailed vouchers with a code can be used to book online, by phone or in person.
- Paper vouchers can be used when booking by phone or in person.
- Paper vouchers may be used only once and may not be photocopied.
- Voucher must be handed over at time of visit.
- All admission is subject to availability and we strongly recommend booking in advance.
- We will require your voucher number or code at time of booking.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
- Vouchers must be used by expiry date.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to children up to 11 years old.
- You must be at least 18 years old to submit an entry.
- Discover Children’s Story Centre reserves the right to disqualify and remove any content we deem to be inappropriate.
- To enter the competition, you must be a resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Discover Children’s Story Centre.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted by the date stated on the competition.
- Discover Children’s Story Centre reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- Any Discover event or exhibition prizes are subject to availability.
- If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one week, a new winner will be selected.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. The prizes include the same quantity of products but particular books may change based on availability.
- The prize is run by Discover Children’s Story Centre, 383-387 High Street, Stratford, London E154QZ.
- By entering you are agreeing to allow Discover to share your entry on social media and other marketing channels.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property will be retained by child and/or creator.
- Your email address and contact details will not be used for marketing purposes. All personal data (names, emails, etc.) will be deleted after the competition has ended. If you would like to join our mailing list, you can do so here.