Find out about our Coronavirus Policy
Disabled visitors are entitled to one concessionary ticket and one free companion/carer ticket. The concessionary ticket rate applies to Newham residents, over 65s, and JSA claimants. You may be asked to show evidence of this when booking or collecting your ticket.
Tickets are required for each child attending. This includes children under 1, though no charge will be made for tickets for under 1s unless otherwise specified.
All tickets booked in advance will be held at the Box Office for collection on the day of your visit. At the point of collection you will need the confirmation e-mail to accompany your booking along with appropriate ID for any concession tickets booked.
We try to be flexible so tickets may be exchanged for an account credit, provided you inform the Box Office no later than 24 hours prior to the original visit date.
Tickets will not be refunded unless an event is cancelled.
Conditions of Entry
- Only tickets bought from the Discover bookings line or its official website will be valid for admission.
- All visitors to Discover must purchase a Day Pass alongside any additional Events or Exhibitions.
- Our staff are here to enhance your experience and to ensure your safety at all times. Please follow any guidance they give in relation to your own and the comfort and safety of others.
- The Management at Discover reserves the rights to refuse admission to any patron and request that any patron leave the centre.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The minimum required ratio of adults to children is 1:5.
- Adults may not visit Discover without a child.
- The Discover management reserves the right to change the advertised arrangements of any performance or activity in the event of illness or any cause beyond our control.
- Visitors are requested to keep their personal belongings with them at all times or use the lockers provided.
- Buggies and prams must be left in the designated areas.
- All property is left at the visitor’s risk.
- By purchasing a ticket you give your consent to being filmed, audio recorded or photographed by Discover or permitted third parties. If recording is taking place this will be clearly signposted. If you have any objection please make yourself known to a member of staff.
If you have any queries regarding the above or any other matter relating to ticket purchase please contact us on 020 8536 5555.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
Voucher Terms and Conditions
(In addition to the general Terms and Conditions, above)
- Vouchers can be used when booking by phone or in person (we strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment).
- Vouchers may be used only once and may not be photocopied.
- Voucher must be handed over at time of visit.
- All admission is subject to availability and we strongly recommend booking in advance.
- We will require your voucher number at time of booking.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
- Vouchers must be used by expiry date.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- To enter the competition, you must be a resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Discover Children’s Story Centre.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted by the date stated on the competition.
- There will be one winner selected at random (from all eligible entries).
- If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one week, a new winner will be selected.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. The prizes include the same quantity of products but particular books may change based on availability.
- The prize is run by Discover Children’s Story Centre, 383-387 High Street, Stratford, London E154QZ.
- Discover Children’s Story Centre reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- Any Discover event or exhibition prizes are subject to availability.