Discover is committed to safeguarding all children and young people that come into contact with our work.
We believe that all children have an equal right to protection and we consider the welfare of the child to be paramount. We are committed to ensuring our staff, trustees, volunteers, partners and other individuals representing Discover understand and abide by our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Discover’s commitment to Safeguarding all children is demonstrated by:
- Adopting and disseminating child safeguarding procedures.
- Annually reviewing our Safeguarding Policy and associated procedures.
- Appointing a Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Having safeguarding procedures in place with assigned roles and responsibilities
- Providing staff with safeguarding induction and regular refresher training.
- Using safer recruitment, selection and vetting processes.
- All staff undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Informing partners and third parties of Discover’s safeguarding commitment.
We’re creating a safe environment for children by making sure that:
- To prevent physical harm caused by property, equipment or the environment within the centre, Discover maintains a detailed Health and Safety Policy. We provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Children that visit the centre are accompanied by an adult.
- Adult visitors meeting staff in the building sign in at reception and are accompanied by a staff member while inside the building.
- We do not permit adults to purchase Entry tickets and enter the building without a child.
- We provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- We maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Staff, volunteers, and artists working for or with Discover are seen as role models to children. As such, the organisation expects adults working with children to behave in a professional, respectful, and polite manner.
All enquiries, concerns and allegations will be overseen by the Designated Safeguarding Officer who will liaise with police, Social Care, and other parties involved.
For more information and to get in touch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org