Discover is now open!
We can’t wait to welcome you back – but like everything else in the world, things are a little different. We’ve done our best to ensure Discover is safe for all our visitors, be they aliens, giants, wolves or even humans, and have installed additional safety features throughout the building. Visitor numbers are strictly limited to allow social distancing and visits are now in timed 2-hour sessions, so everyone can play and explore in our magical worlds.
What we’re doing
- Limiting visitor numbers and session times to give everyone lots of space to play and avoid any crowding.
- Running timed sessions with extra cleaning in between.
- Increasing ventilation in the centre – doors and windows are kept open wherever possible, and we have fresh air exchange systems in our basement exhibition space and second floor event and storytelling spaces.
- Adapting events and storytelling to ensure distancing is not possible.
- Creating quick entry systems and additional buggy storage to avoid crowding at the entrance.
- Installing screens in busy customer service areas, like our front desk.
- Adding additional hand wash and sanitiser stations to help everyone keep their hands extra clean.
- Adding ‘wipe stations’ so visitors can clean items before and after playing, if they wish.
- Our cafe is open with a limited service of hot drinks and snacks.
- Allowing last minute cancellations for anyone feeling unwell.
- Offering credits and refunds in the event of closure or cancellation, so you can book in advance with confidence.
- Supporting NHS Test and Trace. If you do not want your data to be shared, if requested by NHS Track and Trace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we’re asking our visitors to do
- Book tickets in advance – there will be no tickets available on the day. NB this includes Annual Pass holders. Tickets can be bought here at discover.org.uk or over the phone on 020 8536 5555.
- Adults please continue to wear a mask during your visit (this is not required for 0-11 year olds).
- Wash and/ or sanitise your and your childrens’ hands at regular intervals
- Keep a safe distance from others not in your group.
- Let us know immediately if anyone in your group is unwell and do not visit Discover – we will offer you a voucher for a return visit.
- Register your visit when you arrive at Discover – either with the NHS app or by filling in our form.
We are contactable on email@example.com or by phone on 020 8536 5555.
Many thanks for your support.