Discover’s Children’s Forum is made up of children aged 7-11 from the local Stratford area. The Forum meets once a month and gives children a say in how Discover is run and what we do.
Children’s Forum sessions are interactive and give children real power to influence the work that we do. We strive to make sessions fun and rewarding for members, as representatives of our audience and partners, across all the projects that Discover runs.
Members of the forum have supported Discover in many ways, including:
- Designing activities and workshops.
- Delivering projects.
- Reviewing our shows and exhibitions.
- Writing for the website and social media.
- Helping run the centre on specific days.
- Advising Discover on plans for development.
- Contributing to design and creation of space and learning.
In the past, Children’s Forum created an Egg Hunt for visitors to enjoy at Discover, led activities for our free Fun Palaces day, decorated the Discover café for Christmas, took part in author events and had meetings with visiting artists. They have also helped design parts of our exhibition The 100 Story Hotel.
Children’s Forum is recruiting!
We are currently recruiting pupils to join the Forum and we would like to work with local schools to identify candidates. We hope to appoint children who would enjoy and benefit from joining the Forum, and build lasting relationships with local schools.
What we are looking for children who:
- Live in Newham or attend a Newham school.
- Have an interest in Discover Children’s Story Centre.
- Are in year 3-4 at school.
- Have their membership supported by their school.
- Are able to attend regular monthly sessions at Discover.
- Are prepared to work as a team.
- Enjoy sharing ideas and discovering new things.
- Have a desire to represent the wider community.
To discuss further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.