A range of multimedia storytelling resources created by the Discover team.
Go straight to your chosen resource by clicking the quick links below…
- Make Your Own Wishing Jar: storytelling and activity for ages 3-7.
- Make Your Own Story Explorer Binoculars: storytelling and activity for ages 3-7.
- Make Your Own Paper Sausage Dog: storytelling and activity for ages 3-7.
- Make Your Own Gingerbread People: The Gingerbread Man storytelling and activity.
- Practise Your Storytelling Skills: storytelling and activity for ages 5-8.
- World Book Day: character activity and online author-illustrator event for ages 5-8.
- Join the Drag Pirate crew: storytelling and activity for ages 5-8.
- Make Your Own Flip Book Animation: Anansi storytelling and activity for ages 5-8.
- Make Your Own Patchwork Elephant: Elmer storytelling and activity for ages 3-7.
- There’s a Beanstalk in Your House: Interactive storytelling for children aged 5-11.
- Build Your Own Story: A three-part storybuilding workshop for children aged 5-11.
Make Your Own Wishing Jar
Join Story Builder Marian for a lively retelling of the traditional folk tale The Old Lady Who Lived in a Vinegar Bottle. Then, have a go at making a wishing jar to store your own wishes…
Make Your Own Story Explorer Binoculars
Make Your Own Paper Sausage Dog
Storytelling and activity for children aged 3-7. Join Discover Story Builder Paula as she shares her original story Mx Sausage Brown, all about a very clever sausage dog who loves wearing waistcoats and solving mysteries. Then, have a go at making your own paper sausage dog and sing-along to Mx Sausage Brown’s morning call.
Make Your Own Gingerbread People
Storytelling and activity for younger children and children with SEN. Watch Story Builder Diana use Makaton to tell the tale of The Gingerbread Men. Then make your own gingerbread people with help from a grown-up.
Practise Your Storytelling Skills
Storytelling with activity for children aged 5-8. Build your own story and bring it to life with household items.
World Book Day
Get ideas from Discover’s Story Builders for which character you could dress up as on World Book Day. Watch here.
World Book Day character worksheet. Download here.
Online event with author Joseph Coelho and illustrator Fiona Lumbers. Premiering on Thursday 4 March at 11am – or catch up at any time in the following weeks.
Join the Drag Pirate Crew
Storytelling with activity for children aged 5-8. Find your pirate name and design your own pirate outfit.
Make Your Own Flip Book Animation
Anansi the Farmer storytelling with activity for children aged 5-8. Bring your own story to life in a flip book animation – with bonus drawing and creative writing prompts to help flesh out your ideas.
Make Your Own Patchwork Elephant
Elmer storytelling with activity for children aged 3-7. Make your own patchwork elephant and find the words to describe its unique colours and patterns.
With thanks to Andersen Press.
There’s a Beanstalk in Your House
Build Your Own Story
Share your story
Share your stories and drawings with Hootah and all the characters at Discover to help wake up their imagination – email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.