Application closing on Sun 5 Dec 12am 2021
Discover Children’s Story Centre is looking for a Creative Artworker who is fluent in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
Discover Children’s Story Centre is the UK’s first hands-on creative literature space for children aged 0-11 years and their families and carers dedicated to generating a love of language, literature, and stories. The Discover team works alongside bestselling authors and illustrators to create immersive installations, designed to feed children’s creativity and develop their storytelling and creative writing skills. Recent exhibitions have featured Oliver Jeffers, Michael Rosen, Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler.
We are looking to hire a knowledgeable and organised Creative Artworker to be responsible for the artwork package in our upcoming exhibition based on another best-selling range of picture books. This is a freelance fee-based opportunity during the preproduction period of the exhibition preparing the fixed package of work
- To artwork a wide range of print materials for the immersive exhibition including character cut outs, posters, and large-scale graphics.
- To work with the Exhibition Coordinator to come up with solutions to achieve briefed projects
- To prepare artwork from the illustrator’s assets – retouching, creating clipping paths, checking resolution and colour properties
- To prepare artwork ready for print production
- To lay out fun posters, signs and worksheets based on the illustrators work
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Advanced fluency in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Possess a strong portfolio with experience in graphic designing/ artworking, experience in designing for children would be an advantage
- Knowledge in creating a simple animation is desirable but not essential
- A team player and good communicator with the ability to follow a creative brief Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the print production processes
- Is able to work quickly and accurately to meet long and short deadline
- Ideally have access to a computer with the Adobe Creative Suite already, but it is possible to arrange for you work at our offices.
- Ideally be based in London so we can work together in person.
Fee: £160 day rate. We anticipate 4-5 days’ of work, between December 2021 and April 2022.
To apply: Please email your CV along with examples of your work and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Sunday December 5th, 2021.Contact