A FREE club at Discover for disabled children and children with SEN, their families or carers.
We’re delighted to be able to start running sessions for Mighty Mega members at Discover again. Things will be a little different, because of Covid restrictions and the new way Discover is run. See below for more details on new timings and safety measures.
In person sessions are available for 5-11 year olds. In-person sessions will be bookable from the week before by emailing email@example.com or call 020 8536 5555. If you have not attended Mighty Mega in-person sessions before we will ask you to fill in a membership form.
If you have booked and find yourself unable to attend, please get in touch at anytime before the session to let us know. This will allow us to offer your space to another Mighty Mega member while we continue to keep our numbers limited.
We understand that some people may not feel ready to return to in-person sessions, so we’re very glad that for the rest of the year we will also be able to continue our digital offer with weekly emails. Find out more and sign up for digital sessions here.
Mighty Mega Sessions will run from 10am-12pm each Saturday, from Saturday 18 September – Saturday 18 December (no sessions 23 October and 30 October).
- From 10am-10.45am you can play in Discover, on all floors and in the garden. There will also be members of the public in these spaces.
- At 10.45am an artist-run workshop will begin in rooms 2.1-2.2. This term, members will be joined by Claire Sundin, Artistic Director of inclusive theatre company Embracing Arts.
- At 11.45am the workshop will finish. At this point everyone will leave the centre, as we close for cleaning.
- Inside Discover we ask all staff and adult visitors to wear a mask or visor and keep a safe distance from one another. We will maintain this during Mighty Mega workshops.
- We are keeping capacity lower than usual at Discover, to ensure there’s space for everyone to play.
- We are giving the building an extra clean in between sessions.
“At Mighty Mega I can completely relax, as can my daughter. It is a wonderful place where she can simply be herself, and I don't have to worry about explaining her to staff and other parents. This place has made a huge difference to our overall sense of family wellbeing.” Mighty Mega parent
“Mighty Mega has revolutionised our weekends!” Mighty Mega parent
“Discover is a meeting place to meet children and other family members under the same circumstances and take advantage of the free activities locally. Mighty Mega has made a huge impact on our family and child’s life.” Mighty Mega parent
“She really enjoys the arts and crafts sessions and they have given us ideas as to things that we can do at home. I have problems coming up with new ideas!” Mighty Mega parent
“My daughter doesn't like to let go of me when outside of the house... [At Discover] she feels safe and knows all of the story builders. She actively wants to be doing things on her own. This has made a big difference to her confidence.” Mighty Mega parent
More about this term’s artist
Claire graduated from the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA). She is an actor, singer, freelance drama facilitator and one of the founding members of Embracing Arts. She has toured theatres all over the UK, and has performed in the West End and New York. As a freelance drama facilitator, Claire works with children aged 2-18 yrs teaching curriculum-based subjects and encouraging children to learn and explore through the medium of drama. She has over 15 years of teaching experience and working with children who have Special Educational Needs.